Tomintoul distillery dates from 1965, and takes its name from the nearby village of Tomintoul, the highest in the Scottish Highlands. The distillery is now owned by Angus Dundee plc, and this latest release has been finished for 18 months in Oloroso Sherry casks.
- Style: Single Malt Whisky
- Alcohol: 40%
- Volume: 70cl
- Nose: Creamy with subtle hints of sherry.
- Palate: Medium-body, a little smoke, barley sugar, toasted cereal, soft honey
Sweetness intensifies a little with a drop of water.
- Finish: Medium-length and well-balanced
- Marks: The marks system for the Society is left simple: A – F with +/- leveling.
Median Grade: B+